A Precious Birthday Gift



I thought of gifting you on this day,
the fragnance ......of the choicest flowers;
or a handful of heaven's blessed showers,
Or, wrap up for you .....the beautiful moon
....and with it, the shinning- twinkling stars too...
I then thought of capturing ....
the beauty of a rising sun for you
or get a handful of the sky so blue.
To this however i had a little doubt,
So I thought of getting
a basket full, of the floating clouds....
I then searched for you....
a box ! filled .......with summer dew,
and a frame of a splendid winter evening view........
I searched the markets, I searched the streets..
......but I found none of these
And now I have nothing
to offer you as a gift,
only a simple prayer n a simple wish..
that may you have a long n a wonderful life,
with much less struggle and strife..
May all your dreams soon come true..
dont forget to thank your
lucky stars that you're you.
Also on this day, wish to let you know
how much I appreciate n love you......


-wrote it for a dear friend...Happy B'day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey There are lots of Gifts specified here, which one do you need for your B'Day!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey this is a real well written poem.I found it very romantic.I loved it.Feels great to know that you are so good at poetry.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... im so jealous of u poetically inclined ppl... while we ppl hav to think hard n search for a gud expensive n exotic gift juz to impress, u ppl can write a few lines and steal hearts effortlessly... im so jealous(seriously) :)

varinder69 said...

now thats exceptionally the best gift
........................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...